Normally you will publish your content on one or more platforms. This can be your:
- Personal Facebook page
- Business Facebook page
So, when you plan your upcoming content in ContentPlanner, you also need to link it with the platform it will finally be published on. Therefore you first need to set up all the platforms that you are using. These are called content channels in ContentPlanner.
In this article we will explain how you can configure your content channels.
Open project settings
These are the steps to open your project settings:
- First, you need to go to your project dashboard: click on the colored bar with your project name on top.
- Next, you need to go to the project settings: click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
The project settings will open: click now on the ‘Channels’ tab:
When you create a new project, ContentPlanner will automatically create the channel ‘Website’ for you. It’s up to you to create all your other channels:
Create a new content channel
Press on the ‘+’ button to create a new channel:
Now you can make the following configurations:
- Select the platform; this can be:
- Name: In most cases, you can keep the suggested name (equal to the platform). Give a more specific name if you have more than one channel on a certain platform: multiple Facebook pages or multiple blogs.
- Link: here, you can provide the public URL of your blog, Facebook page, …
- Finally, you can configure how frequently you want to publish on this channel.
Then you can press the ‘Add’ button, which brings you back to an overview of all your channels:
Now, repeat the same procedure for all your other channels (Facebook, Twitter, …).
Use your content channels
Later, you can use your channels when creating content topics. Here’s an example:
Or you can view & manage your content per channel, such as in the different calendar & planning views.
We illustrated how you could configure your content channels. Later, when you create your content topics, you can link it to the correct channels.